Versus Arthritis was formed by a merger of Arthritis Research UK and Arthritis Care in 2018.
Versus Arthritis was one of the charity open Access fund (COAF) charities but now operates it’s own funds and structure for open access.
- Research articles must be made available through Europe PubMed Central (Europe PMC) as soon as possible and within 6 months from publication.
- Researchers can choose either self-archiving/green open access, or to opt for gold open access. If self-archiving/green open access is selected, the accepted manuscript must be made available via Europe PMC within an embargo period of 6 months.
- Further details: https://www.versusarthritis.org/media/22808/guide-to-open-access-paper-october2020.pdf
What to do at Oxford
- Contact Versus Arthritis (email: email@example.com) for permission to take the paid route.
- Acknowledge your funder in your submission
- This may involve obtaining and paying the invoice, and then sending the claim to the funder for reimbursement
- There is no need to fill in Oxford’s APC application form as unfortunately the Bodleian’s APC Team is unable to process these payments centrally on behalf of researchers.