Parkinson’s UK was one of the charity open Access fund (COAF) charities but now operates it’s own funds and structure for open access.
- Research articles must be made available through Europe PubMed Central (Europe PMC) as soon as possible and within 6 months from publication.
- Researchers can choose either self-archiving/green open access, or to opt for gold open access. If self-archiving/green open access is selected, the accepted manuscript must be made available via Europe PMC within an embargo period of 6 months.
- Further details: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/research/open-access-publishing-researchers
What to do at Oxford
- Contact Parkinson’s UK (email: email@example.com) for permission to take the paid route.
- Acknowledge your funder in your submission
- This may involve obtaining and paying the invoice, and then sending the claim to the funder for reimbursement
- There is no need to fill in Oxford’s APC application form as unfortunately the Bodleian’s APC Team is unable to process these payments centrally on behalf of researchers.