John Fell Fund – Open access policy and funds
- As of July 2014, John Fell-funded researchers are required to deposit a copy of their final approved manuscript in the Oxford Research Archive (ORA).
- Grants cannot be used to pay Open Access publication charges. The John Fell Fund Notes for applicants state under Eligible Costs that Article Processing Charges (APCs) are not covered.
- The John Fell Fund is an internal Oxford University research fund financed by Oxford University Press.
What to do at Oxford
- Acknowledge your funder in your submission
- Authors of work supported in whole or part by the John Fell Fund should Act on Acceptance and deposit a copy of your accepted manuscript in ORA at the time of article acceptance, in line with the University’s Open Access Publications policy.
- The deposited version should be the finished article as reviewed and amended, ready and accepted for publication (this doesn’t mean the version as type-set or formatted by the publisher).
- The SHERPA/RoMEO website provides details of publishers’ embargoes and deposit requirements.