|Note: The EC FP7 Post-Grant Open Access Pilot ends on Wed 28th February 2018.
Open Access publications arising from finished FP7 projects where an institution was either the project coordinator or a partner could be eligible for funding from the EC/OpenAIRE FP7 post-grant Open Access Pilot. Note the eligibility criteria:
- The funding is only available post-grant; if the grant is still current you are not eligible.
- Any claim must be made within 2 years of the grant ending.
- Funding is only available for fully Open Access publications.
- Funding requests should be submitted once the manuscript has been accepted for publication.
- The following funding caps apply: €2,000 for research articles and €6,000 for monographs.
- No page or colour charges will be covered by this funding on top of the standard Open Access publishing fees.
- A maximum of 3 publications will be funded per eligible FP7 project as a means to ensure a fair distribution of the funding across projects.
- You cannot claim retrospectively for fees already paid.
- Here’s a sample list of journals funded in 2015.
- Read more on the FP7 post-grant pilot webpages.
|We (the Bodleian Libraries) have registered as an institutional coordinator for Oxford applications against the pilot, and are set up on the OpenAIRE website. This allows us to submit publications on behalf of authors. We will do the necessary checking and after submitting the author will be informed by OpenAIRE of progress, publication and payment.
Authors: what you need to do.
Before submitting articles, ensure the journal is fully OA. Check using DOAJ.
On acceptance for publication, where a fee is required to publish open access, please email the Bodleian APC team at firstname.lastname@example.org with these details:
- The name of the journal or publication.
- The author(s) and title of the article, conference proceeding, book or book chapter.
- The FP7 acknowledgement that you have included in the publication – this must specify the award number.*
- Confirming you included a statement where applicable on how underlying research materials, such as research data, samples or models, can be accessed.**
- Confirming it’s being deposited in an OA repository (such as ORA).
- Indicating how many articles you have already had funded or requested through the FP7 project.
*How to acknowledge Funder/Grant: ‘The research leading to these results has received funding from the [European Community’s] [European Atomic Energy Community’s] Seventh Framework Programme ([FP7/2007-2013] [FP7/2007-2011]) under grant agreement n° [xxxxxx].’
**See sample statements on accessing data.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.