We are planning for ‘next generation ORA’ and a project to undertake a market review of repository technology has just begun. A significant element is to find out what different users want and need from the system. Four focus groups have been arranged to gather feedback, requirements and ideas from academics, researchers & research students. No previous experience with ORA is necessary.
Please email email@example.com to book a place.
Wednesday 16 September: at University Offices, Wellington Square (Meeting Room 1&2):
1. 2.00-3.30pm Science & Medicine.
2. 3.30-5.00pm Humanities & Social Science.
Tuesday 22 September: at Radcliffe Science Library, Parks Road (The Hive):
3. 10.00-11.30am Humanities & Social Science.
4. 11.30am-1.00pm Science & Medicine.
The ORA Market Review project
The Bodleian Libraries is reviewing current systems and processes for the management of research data and publications. Currently the university has an institutional repository, the Oxford University Research Archive (ORA), to support the deposit, search, delivery and re-use of research publications and, more recently, research data. Sero Consulting Ltd have been engaged to undertake the review.
A key aspect is to understand how processes (such as deposit of articles and research data) can be made as straightforward as possible and how repository and data services can be tuned and positioned to bring maximum benefit to all parties (for example, in terms of reach, reputation and ease of access).
The focus of the meetings will be on
- Maximising the visibility and citation of your research outputs
- Reducing the burden of research administration
- Understanding areas for improvement of current university processes
- Identifying other opportunities to support your own processes and requirements.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.